- 2.5 L 425 OHV I4
- 4.0 L AMC 242 I6
- 5.2 L Magnum V8
- 5.9 L Magnum V8
- 4-speed Aisin AW-4 automatic
- 5-speed Aisin AX-15 manual
- 4-speed 42RE automatic
- 4-speed 44RH automatic
- 4-speed 44RE automatic
- 4-speed 46RH automatic
- 4-speed 46RE automatic
- Transfer Case NP231
- Transfer Case NP242
- Transfer Case NP249
- Transfer Case NV245
- Model 35 Rear
- Model 44 Rear
- 1993–1998 (Detroit, Michigan, United States)
- 1993–1998 (Graz, Austria - Magna Steyr)
- 1993–1998 (Córdoba, Argentina)
- 1993–1998 (Valencia, Venezuela - Carabobo Assembly)
- 1993–1995 — Base "SE" This was the base model of the Grand Cherokee from 1993 (Base) and 1994-1995 (SE), and included only basic features.
- 1993–1998 — Laredo This was the midlevel Grand Cherokee model from 1993-1995, and became the base Grand Cherokee model in 1996, continuing as such from 1996-1998. Many of the features available on the luxurious Limited model were also available on the Laredo model.
- 1993–1998 — Limited This was the "top-of-the-line" Grand Cherokee model from 1993-1998. It included many luxurious features, and was considered one of the original "luxury SUV's".
- 1995–1997 — Orvis "Limited Edition" See below for details.
- 1997–1998 — TSi See below for details.
- 1997-1998 — Laredo Special Edition This was a Laredo model with uplevel features and color-keyed trim panels and bumpers similar in appearance to the Limited.
- 1993 Grand Wagoneer See below for details.
- 1998 5.9 Limited See below for details.
- A higher output alternator
- Revised low profile roof racks (used on the next generation)
- Unique wood grain accents
- Full calf leather interior
- Chrome tipped exhaust
- Fully functional heat extracting hood louvers
- Rear leather arm rest
- Wheelbase: 105.9 in (2,690 mm)
- Higher output infinitity premium stereo system
- The Quadra-Link suspension design was used on both the front and rear axles.
- Leather wrapped shift handle and e brake
- Leather wrapped steering wheel
- Unique leather door inserts
- Unique five star wheels
- Black line wheels
- Throughout its lifetime, there were several different "one-off" and special edition models of the ZJ.
- NHTSA Scores is